Saturday, June 4, 2011

I love the first few days...

The first couple of days of any weight loss journey, for me, is always the funnest.  The goal seems not so far away and easily obtainable.  The water weight comes off, and my confidence is boosted at the quick results.  I face working out with some enthusiasm, totally oblivious to the pain that will be setting in over the next couple of days because of my recent lack of active muscles.  Then reality sets in.

Making the right eating choices is hard during the week.  When I am at work, there are always temptations.  Vendors and home health companies bring in treats on a regular basis.  Consciously packing a meal every day so that I don't fall into the "easy" choices of fast food at lunch time is very time consuming.  After a stressful day of work, I used to love to enjoy a bowl of ice cream, some time between dinner and bed... usually after the kids were all in bed.

The endless bottles of water, which I currently still struggle with getting even close to the proper armount of water, present an altogether different problem at work.  I work on the opposite side of the building than the two employee bathrooms.  Do you know how difficult it is to be able to stop working to walk over to go to the bathroom every 1/2 hour to hour?  I feel like it takes me at least that long to get my mind focused back on my work.

So, on day four of my lovely journey, I am not feeling overly excited.  I am sore, somewhat cranky, and eyeing my water bottle like it is a snake that I am trying to stay clear of.  But, on the bright side, seeing the difference on the scale from the water weight is enough to keep my eyes set on the goal.

Time to get to work!

1 comment:

  1. There is light at the end of the tunnel.. eventually you stop peeing so much! ;) Way to stick to it.. sore muscles, and all! :)

    ReplyDelete